Marketing Coordinator Salary
Marketing coordinators are responsible for keeping promotional campaigns on track for a company, website, fundraiser, or something else along those lines. Marketing coordinators are in high demand at the moment because most businesses are striving to gain new customers. As a result of this demand, members of this profession are now making more than ever before. If you want to work in this career field, you should have a good marketing coordinator salary ahead of you. Here is a look at some of the ranges your salary may call in for the future.
Average Marketing Coordinator Salary
Your marketing coordinator salary will depend on several factors, but it may be nice to know what the overall salary range is for the country at this time. The chart below outlines the average salary marketing coordinators make at this time.
The gap between top paying marketing coordinator jobs and entry level positions is fairly large, as you can see from the chart above. You will most likely earn $30,000 annually for the first few years in this career, and then you may be able to work your way up to $50,000+ a year. Some marketing coordinators see pay levels like that after a mere five years of work because they land jobs with high-paying employers. Others spend 20 years or more trying to reach that level of salary. If you are talented and committed to your job, you may have no trouble reaching the upper tiers of this salary range.
Marketing Coordinator Salary by Industry
Marketing coordinators can work in many different industries in the job market. Some of the most popular include:
- Architectural and Engineering Services: $30,846 – $56,741
- Healthcare: $29,472 – $54,107
- Information Technology Services: $29,492 – $55,666
- Manufacturing and Distribution: $30,545 – $55,431
- Marketing, Advertising and Media Management: $28,021 – $50,090
Marketing Coordinator Salary by Degree
If you choose to get a college degree before you start working in marketing coordination, that degree could have an influence in the amount of money you earn. Common degrees for marketing coordinators include:
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications: $29,739 – $50,730
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Business and Marketing: $28,985 – $46,875
- Bachelor of Science in Business and Marketing: $29,011 – $51,063
- Bachelor’s Degree: $29,405 – $50,987
- Master of Business Administration: $30,093 – $59,132
Marketing Coordinator Salary by Gender
Men and women make about the same money in this field, even though women make up 80% of marketing coordinator jobs out there. Salary levels include:
- Male: $32,258 – $44,672
- Female: $33,540 – $44,942
Marketing Coordinator Salary by Location
Where you live and work will be the most influential aspect of your marketing coordinator salary because some areas of the country offer better paying jobs than others. Listed below are the top ten cities in the US for marketing coordinator salaries:
- Princeton, New Jersey: $39,305 – $65,000
- Mountain View, California: $12,608 – $63,616
- Fairfax, Virginia: $31,829 – $123,775
- Oakland, California: $40,452 – $61,581
- Alexandria, Virginia: $36,625 – $48,922
- Baltimore, Maryland: $34,767 – $60,525
- San Francisco, California: $35,138 – $64,054
- Irvine, California: $36,410 – $60,865
- San Jose, California: $33,626 – $60,265
- Wilmington, Delaware: $40,000 – $51,000
No matter where you work or what you do at your job, you should be able to make a decent living as a marketing coordinator. Your marketing coordinator salary will likely fall somewhere in the numbers above. Hopefully it ends up on the higher end if you devote yourself to your career enough.
Note that the information above is courtesy of PayScale.com as of December 21, 2011. It may not reflect the information at the time you read this article.
Popular Schools and Recommended Degrees
Liberty University Online
Liberty?s online degrees are taught in a flexible online classroom environment, so students can complete assignments on their own schedules. Many of the undergraduate and postgraduate degrees offered by Liberty Online can be completed 100 percent online using an 8-week delivery format.
Faculty are armed with a curriculum that is continually refined to focus on trends in business and place significant emphasis on bridging theory with practical application in the workplace. They provide situations and cases that allow experiential learning and practice. Further, our business courses emphasize effective writing and communication skills?key competencies to help you progress in your career.